Maxine’s Tap Room Gutted By Fire!

Early Tuesday Maxine’s Tap Room–my favorite Fayetteville dive which I have written about on this blog before–was gutted by a fire.

The good news is that its structurally fine….the bad news is that its interior is what made Maxinie’s Maxines’…see my Flikr posts to see what I mean.

The fire apparently started in a trash can beneath the bar & firefighters had to cut into the roof as Maxine had fitted the front and back doors of her establishment with formidable iron gates….

Alas…Maxine dies, then the beloved Tap Room itself is torched….

This MUST be my queue to leave Fayetteville…I move to Magnolia, Arkansas this Sunday.

For more see this article on the NWAnews:
http://www.nwarktimes.com/adg/News/161592/

Tags: ,

Categories: history, news, post

Subscribe

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Maxine & Me… | farther along... - September 4, 2013

    […] wrote about Maxine’s on this blog back in 2006…and again when fire hit the place.  That event happened just as I was beginning to move out of town—heading to a new life in […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: